Apparatus for high current arching T4-47A
T4‑47APPARATUS FOR HIGH CURRENT ARCHING is designed and manufactured in compliance with UL746A and IEC 950.
T4 47 APPARATUS FOR HIGH CURRENT ARCHING is intended for determining the degree of protection of different materials against high current arching.
- Fixed Electrode made of Copper, dia. 3.2 mm, length approx. 152 mm. The tip of the rod is machined to a symmetrical chisel point having an angle of 30°. The radius of curvature for the chisel edge does not exceed 0.1mm.
- Movable Electrode made of Stainless Steel, dia. 3.2 mm, length approx. 152mm. The tip of rod is machined to a conical point having a total angle of 60°. The radius of curvature for the point does not exceed 0.1mm.
- Electric motor drive for moving the movable electrode with adjustable speed(Pneumatic drive is despite the standard recommendation not recommended, because the separation speed of electrodes can not be reliably controlled)
- Variable ratio transformer for voltage adjustment
- Instruments for measuring current, voltage and power factor (cos phi)
- Decremental off-switching counter, which switches the apparatus off after selected number of arcs.
- Electrodes with motor and mechanical regulations are under protective cover with safety switches.
- Special glass for observation of arching
- Sample supporting table with adjustable height and non conductive heat resistance surface
- Two measuring plates thickness 1.6 mm; for adjustment of distance between the sample and the electrodes
- Device for forming of moveable electrode
- Set of 5 pairs of spare electrodes (5 of stainless steel, 5 of copper)
- Terminal sockets of variable ratio transformer are also on the front side of the apparatus, so that it can be also used as adjustable power supply unit.
- Dwell time of 100 ±20 msbefore electrode withdrawal breaks the circuit and the timing of the arcs is to be adjusted to a rate of 40 complete arcs per minute.
- Power is supplied to the test electrodes from a 240-V a-c, 60 Hz high capacity source.
- Adjustable inductive and resistance loads, preset, to produce 32.5 A, power factor 0.5
Apparatus is free-standing on 4 heavy duty swivel rollers. Sheet steel housing, non-sensitive, scratch-resistant surfaces through powder-coating, front plate made of anodized aluminium. Frame is made of heavy duty anodized aluminium sectional profiles.
Line voltage 220 V AC, 50 Hz / other optional,
Power consumption 7920 VA max.
Output voltage 0-250 V, 36 A
Loads Inductive + Resistance to produce 32,5 A, power factor 0.5
Moving of electrode electric motor with regulation
Separation speed adjustable
Arching rate approx. 40/min; adjustable
Counter Count-down., off switching, manual setting manual resetting, 1 - 999
Digital ampere-meter 40 A, class 1
Digital volt-meter 0-250 VAC, class 1
Power factor meter (cos phi) 1 - 0.3, 220 V, 5 A, class 2.5
Base plate distance adjustable 0 - 30 mm
Dimensions WxDxH: 550 x 500 x 370 mm
Weight approx.: 120 kg NET
Warranty: 2 years
Support by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
On line Skype VIDEO Support: Testing_support, matejsimonic
We will be glad to help you solve your problems and to hear any feedback from you.
The equipment described here is subject to redesign without notice. The change will not impair the function of apparatus its characteristics or the price.